Wednesday 22 February 2012

Srila Prabhupada Glorification Part-2


We have not recognized yet the full greatness of Srila Prabhupada.
Srila Prabhupada is like a huge mountain but now we are very close and
do not fully realize his greatness. Only when we move away from the
mountain do we realize how great the mountain is. As time goes on we
will begin to realise Srila Prabhupads's greatness even more.
Srila Prabhupada once lamented to me, "Everyone is coming but the
Indians are not coming". In those early days there were very few
Indians. But now they have realized the greatness of Srila Prabhupada
and are coming forward.
Some exceptional souls, even though they took birth in Europe and
America, they responded Srila Prabhupada to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's
movement. That is why they are exceptionally fortunate. Many of them
were sent by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to assist Him, that is why they
took birth in the Western World. Once a devotee said to Prabupada, "I
was so degraded and you saved me". Prabhupada replied, "Your situation
was superficial because as soon as I came, you approached me." So
these devotees are very special individuals.So by the passing of time, people will become aware of Srila
Prabhupada's extraordinary activities this is just the beginning of
Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's prediction: This Krishna Consciousness
movement will spread to every town and village all over
the world. One may think because you're a Hare Krishna, your trying to
blow your own trumpet. Well just wait and see! We have the implicit
faith that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu words will not go in vain. Lord
Caitanya Mahaprabhu words will be fulfilled. What does Srila
Prabhupada expect of us? I can say Srila Prabhupada's expectation was
very little and it was for our own benefit.
Srila Prabhupada use to have an oil massage before taking his bath in
the late morning. So one day while Srila Prabhupada was taking a
massage, I just took opportunity to sit next to Prabhupada and observe
him . Srila Prabhupada started to speak, "Many many lives you have
tried to enjoy but you can see you are still not satisfied. Just offer
this life to Krishna. See what happens? Its just one life, there's no
lose!" Srila Prabhupada knew if we offered this one life to Krishna
then our surrender would not be in vain. Even if nothing happens then
what is the loss. That is what Srila Prabhupada wants from us. Just
offer this one life to Krishna and see what happens. Yet we are so
badly conditioned that even despite of Srila Prabhupada's advice, we
cannot do that. Maya is so strong with so many illusions, and
attachments but all it needs is implicit faith and earnest dedication.
Let´s offer this one life and not expect anything. Just one life to
Srila Prabhupada. By offering this one life, what do we going to lose?
I can tell you that although I haven't been able to surrender, I can
see so many wonderful ways Srila Prabhupada is rewarding me. At least
some of my life has been successful. What is the secret? Try to serve
at Srila Prabhupada's feet. If you can offer yourself, you will in
return receive something inconceivable.
To end my presentation on what Srila Prabhupada is expecting of us. At
least I can say according to me that there are three instructions that
are the most important. I received many instructions but these three I
feel are the most important. They are:
1) No matter whatever happens never leave ISKCON
2) Your love for me will be shown by how you co-operate with each other.
3) The GBC is the ultimate managing authority and thereby you must
abide by the GBC.
It´s not that I haven't gone through personal difficulties yet I have
always tried to follow these three instructions. My difficulties
haven't been any less than yours probably. But these three
instructions saved me from deviating or falling. I can say this reward
has been extraordinary. Reward isn't one's fame or fortune. It is
internal. The heart has been fulfilled with something I could never
receive. So this is how Srila Prabhupada reciprocates. Once again I
request please follow these three instructions. No matter whatever
happens, never ever leave ISKCON. If you love Srila Prabhupada express
your love through cooperation with one another. Always place yourself
under the authority of GBC. And I can assure that you will never gowrong.
Please chant these names of God and your life will be sublime:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment